Thursday, January 28, 2010

This is the house that Jack built

A friend of mine had this on her blog and I thought it looked fun. Just a bit of insight into our life here in the momdrums.

1. What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now? A pink sparkly bar that smells like strawberries and belongs to Little Lady, a purple and white perfumed cube with a violet on top that again belongs to her, leftover bits of a lavender bar (mine), and a bar of Ivory (Prince Charming's). There is also an assortment of baby shampoos and body washes and a bottle of adult shampoo and conditioner.

2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? We are not exactly experiencing watermelon weather.

3. What would you change about your living room? The furniture in an instant. There is not a night that goes by that I don't mutter a murderous "I hate this couch!" as I settle in to nurse Lancelot to sleep. We bought it in our first month of marriage with some leftover wedding gift money because it was a major bargain. We figured it would be better than some beat up garage sale garbage and in a year or two we'd have enough to buy the living room furniture we really wanted. However there has always been something else that required that extra money and so I'm still stuck with this sagging thing!



4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? Clean. I really need to re-load it actually

5. What is in your fridge? milk, eggs, butter, cheese, yogurt, an assortment of veggies, fruit, and condiments, leftover stew, and leftover Mexican Lasagna.

6. White or wheat bread? Usually rye in our house because that's what Prince charming prefers and our local bakery makes the BEST rye. But every once in awhile I buy myself a loaf of whole grain multi-grain stuff.

7. What is on top of your refrigerator? nothing. Well there are some cabinets above the fridge and some baking pans in those but nothing actually touching the fridge.

8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? Double layer chocolate brown with a intricate embroidered design in shades of bronze, blue, and gold on the outside layer.

9. How many plants are in your home? Some silk ivy and roses in a flowing arrangement from our wedding. That's all. I do NOT have a green thumb!

10. Is your bed made right now? Yup. I make it every single morning except Mondays when I wash all the bedding in the house.

11. Comet or Soft Scrub? Neither

12. Is your closet organized? Yup

13. Can you describe your flashlight? I'm not even entirely sure where or what kind of flashlights reside in our home but I believe there is a small silver one in my kitchen junk drawer and a pink princess one in Little Ladys room.

14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic more at home? Glass

15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? To cold for ice tea but in the summer it's pretty common. Good Host if I make it and home-made sweet tea if Prince Charming does.

16. If you have garage, is it cluttered? We do have a garage and for a garage it is quite organized but I wish it was even more streamlined. If I had the option it would have one of those interlocking tile floors, a nice colour on the walls, and shiny cabinets for Prince Charming's tools instead of just shelves.

17. Curtains or blinds? I think technically they would be considered blinds but actually they are more like curtains because there is no break in them.

18. How many pillows do you sleep with? Only one when I am actually asleep but we have 9 on our bed during the day.

19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? Not in our bedroom but we leave a light on in the kitchen and the kids bathroom as well as a nightlight in the hall by their bedrooms.

20. How often do you vacuum? We don't have a lot of carpet. It is mostly hardwood and porcelain tile but where we do have carpet or throw rugs it gets vacuumed at least a couple time a week...and still always seems covered in crumbs!

21. Standard toothbrush or electric? standard...but my dentist says I have to switch to electric.

22. What color is your toothbrush? Right now it's purple and clear, Prince Charming's is blue and silver, Little Lady's is pink and sparkly (surprised?), and Lancelot's is blue.

23. Do you have welcome mat on your front porch? Yup

24. What is in your oven right now? Oven racks
25. Is there anything under your bed? Nope.

26. Chore you hate the most? Washing Dishes...which is why I have a dishwasher and never do it. The chore I hate the most that I actually do is mopping because it takes SO long in our house and it's impossible to do with two kids at my feet.

27. What retro items are in your home? I don't think we have anything that would be considered retro. We have a lot of classic stuff...like a cd player that looks like it is from the 40's. But I don't think it would be considered retro...especially because it's actually new and not old at all.

28. Do you have separate room you use an an office? Not right now. We are working on renovating our basement and then there will be an office/study.

29. How many mirrors are in your home? Seven that I can think of off the top of my head.

30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? Lol! If anyone actually did I would hope they were smart enough not to answer this question!

31. What color are your walls? A dark burnt red...I think it's called Tuscan something or other...in the main living areas and a yellow shade in the bed and bathrooms.

32. What does your home smell like right now? Probably a mix of cleaning supplies and autumn spice candles mixed with Christmas potpourri. But I'm used to it so I only smell it whenever I walk in.

33. Favorite candle scent? Apple Cinnamon or French Vanilla

34. What kind of pickles are in your refrigerator right now? Garlic and Ale Crunch'ems.

35. Ever been on your roof? Prince Charming has

36. Do you own a stereo? Yes. Two plus two i-pod dock speaker things.

37. How many TV’s do you have? None. We have a computer and three laptops though! We decided not to get a tv our first year of marriage so we could spend the time we had together at home on each other rather than watching a box and well....one year turned to six! I guess it's a little like the couch thing.

38. How many phones? 3 cordless on a land line and two cell phones...well two working ones. I think the kids have a collection of like ten toy and broken ones!

39. Do you have a housekeeper? Yes. She doesn't get paid though. Maybe because she should be cleaning but instead she's writing this blog....

40. What style do you decorate in? There's a bit of a mishmash but ideally all in kind of a classic feel. Lots of ornate items, oak, etc. Like Cherry oak carved furniture with ornate brass handles. That type of thing. Almost anything from The Bombay Company.

41. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? Solids for sure

42. Is there a smoke detector in your home? A couple.

No comments: