Friday, July 24, 2009

Under my Umbrella

Every night this week we have been out and have only tucked ourselves into bed well after midnight. My mind and body are extremely exhausted...but my soul is still soaring after our incredible news on Monday. Even the fact that we have been able to be OUT this week has me wanting to dance...even if my feet (and every inch of me) are thoroughly worn out. I cannot get over the wonderful news God has given us. As I celebrate though I realize how so much of what we were given is due to the power of prayers from many people...hundreds who I don't even know. Without the amazing support of friends and family I'm not sure we would have survived. Reflecting on these relationships I realized that I may not be able to exactly pay it back...but perhaps I can pay it forward.

I would like to offer my blog as a base for prayers for those experiencing difficulties in their pregnancies or with their newborns or young babies. I am going to place a bar on the side where I will list people and a bit about their specific prayer requests as well as a link to their blog if they have one. This way more people can pray for the children and parents in these situations. If you know of someone you would like to add just post a comment on any one of my blog posts and I will ad them. You can also use my link button to post on people's page to let them know that they are on the prayer list. I would like to come up with some other ways to pay it forward but I'm going to start with this prayer list.

I'd also like to share the following with other moms facing fears for their children. The day before Lancelot's scope I was de-stressing in the bathtub and asked Little Lady to bring me a book. She happened to bring me a devotional book which I had not read in awhile. When I turned to next chapter I was supposed to read I saw it was entitled "David and Goliath". The entire chapter spoke to me so powerfully. Here are a few snippets:

"Do not be fainthearted or afraid; do not be terrified or give way to panic before them. For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory." Deuteronomy 20:3-4

"Father God, I offer my praise today because You fight the battles for me (1 Samual 17:47). You act on my behalf, and nothing can hinder you from saving (1 Samual 14:6). Some may trust in chariots and some in horses, but I will trust in Your name because You are the Lord God, and above You is not other (Psalm 20:7). Amen."

"This is what the Lord says to you: "Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours but God's."" 2 Chronicles 20:15

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

if you wouldn't mind to go ahead and add me i would appreciate it... no problems yet, but tons of fear about future problems in my pregnancy. with having hellp and pre-eclampsia with both my previous pregnancies i have a fifty percent (maybe a little higher) chance of developing it again. we want to get to 38 weeks and then they will deliver me by c-section again, but if we get anywhere near there i will be happy since Andon was born at 34 weeks. i am being watched much more closely this time around so hopefully they should be able to catch it before we would lose another precious baby. usually hellp/pre-eclampisa doesn't start until week 28 or after. we def. don't want a baby at 28 weeks, so we're hoping that if it does happen it is much later in the pregnancy. sorry i guess this is kind of long winded :)