Saturday, June 13, 2009

Thank You

Thank you to everyone who has been praying and supporting us in the past couple of weeks. I know that I have mentioned it before but the truth is, I can't say thank you enough. Your encouragement and presence are what makes it possible for us to keep any kind of positive attitude and your prayers are what bring us peace. I don't think I have ever dipped into a lower more terrifying period in my life as I have these past few weeks. Waiting, wondering, worrying about what will become of my son, of my family. All of my time and energy has gone into simply surviving and I feel that spiritually my communication with God has been pretty much just desperate, stuttered pleas. It is God through all of you who has been carrying us through this time. You have been God with skin on to our family in an abundance of ways.
I was struck by this again yesterday. My mom booked me a massage and came to help Prince Charming with Little Lady and the baby so I could go. At the massage the story came out of what we had been going through and after a time the topic turned to the therapist and her husband considering having kids and from there to how she wanted to handle spirituality in their home. She mentioned that her mother had had a bad experience with church when she was a child as they were going through a difficult time financially and that particular church, rather than help, had continued to ask for money. Because of this bad experience the therapist had never really attended church but felt that perhaps when she had a family she might want to. Unfortunately she didn't believe there were any out there that were relevant to her. It was as I told her about our current experience, not just with our own church but with the church body as a whole....all the Christians from various congregations who have been praying for us, bringing us food, helping our family....that I realized how amazingly grateful I am to be part of such a large and loving body. I think it really gave her something to think about and I know it made me realize how amazingly blessed I have been.
Thank you for being here. Please continue to pray as we continue to fight this battle. We couldn't do it without you. You are God's hands and feet for us right now. Thank you.

No comments: