Friday, July 27, 2007

Under my Umbrella

"Now that it's raining more than ever, know that we'll still have each other. You can stand under my umbrella." -Rihanna

Recently, my friend Mel over at Innocence and Sticky Popsicle juice has been in an intense battle. A battle for her daughters health. I read her writing and my heart breaks for both her and her beautiful, blue eyed girl. It's so scary to fear for your children's safety. To live two years wondering, worrying, waiting. I wouldn't want to be there, but I do want to walk it with you. May Micah's heart be healthy and healed. May she soon be running as wildly as her big brother...and maybe even beating him. May that sweet smile soon be shining more often than the sad tears. May Micah's innocence be alowed to continue and may she be able to grow and thrive without the struggle of surgery. My thoughts are prayers are with you as you wait.

For anyone reading, please take a moment and share your encouragement with Mel. I'm sure she could use it. And after all, isn't that what mommy blogging is all about? Offering our umbrella's to others when the rain hits.

1 comment:

Evan and Mel said...

Thank you so much for your post, I need to hear that people are standing beside us through everything. It brought tears to my eyes to realize how special your friendship is to me even if we are 15 hours apart.
I love you and cherish you.

Mel