Thursday, June 28, 2007

"These are a few of my favourite things"...(Radio Edit)

I was going to write a list of my favourite things for my Thursday thirteen....but I decided it wouldn't be G rated enough ;o) So here's a list of Little Lady's favourite things in her own words (well they would be if she could talk).

1) These boots are made for....chewing? Mm sweet, scrumptious shoes! What's a girl without a pretty pair of patent leather shoes? Or a strappy pair of sandals? There's nothing more beautiful to study, more fun to shake, more lovely to lick.

2) "Out of clutter, find Simplicity" -Albert Einstein. I love to un-pack. Purses, diaper bags, pamper packages, you name it I'll un-load it. I'll page through all those letters you have lying around and arrange them in nice neat piles all around the room. However, as hard as my mommy tries to teach me...I do not re-organize, re-pack, or put away.

3) "She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain. (1873)" ~ Louisa May Alcott ~. I could spend many hours with a good magazine, a cell phone manual, or an interesting book. Whether it's People magazine or pride and predjudice, I literally eat them up.

4) "Whistle While you work" My mommy can't whistle worth her weight in salt but my daddy whistles while working, playing, or partying and I love it. A whistle can make me stop in mid screech and sing. I recently learned to whistle as well! I don't know how I do it but it's adorable!

5) "I'm singing in the rain" I'm singing everywhere actually. When the music plays I start to move. I clap and bounce to the beat. If you tap your hands on the table or the tap drip drops I'll dance to that too. Start a beat and I'll soon be bopping. Sometimes i even try to sing along. My favourite songs are "Joy, Joy, joy" (of which I sing these three words), Hey there Delilah, and anything by Il Divo

6) "When the girl returned, some hours later, she carried a tray, with a cup of fragrant tea steaming on it; and a plate piled up with very hot buttered toast" -The Wind in the Willows. Oh if only mommy would let me drink her tea! I try and I try but she always tricks me with an empty cup. The few sips I've had have been simply scrumptious though! I could probably live on toast and tea if mommy would let me.

7) To be natural is such a very difficult pose to keep up.” -Oscar Wild. Every time that cameras out I'm turning on the charm. You want to see me show off, just catch me in front of the camcorder.

8) “We are never more fully alive, more completely ourselves, or more deeply engrossed in anything than when we are playing.”-Charles Schafer. My favourite toys include my Leap Frog Learning Table, My Water Activity Toy, empty plastic bottles, my Fisher Price Laugh and Learn House, and balls.

9) Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Mark Twain I adore clothes...but mostly when they're not on me. If I could be naked all the time and still stay warm...life would be grand. However, I adore looking at, touching, and playing with clothes. I like to select them from my closet but I'd rather not wear them.

10) Breasts. Why take a bottle when the real thing is better? Nothing calms a boo boo, soothes a bad day, or helps pass the time when you're bored like a breast.

11) "Hush, baby, my dolly, I pray you don't cry," I love my baby dolly. I have two favourites, Pinky my Playskool baby and Twinkie, my glow bug. I also love my TY bunny. I hold them in my crib when I wake up and I rock them when they are sad.

12) Make-Up. I LOVE to watch my mommy put on make-up. Sometimes I empty the make-up bag when mommy isn't watching and try to wear it. I also love the hair dryer...now if only I had more hair...

13) A spoonful of sugar" Sugar and spice and everything nice, that's what I'm mad of...and a big bag of attitude according to my mommy. But I still would love to have some more sugar...boy mommy...that chocolate cupcake sure looks great.....

2 comments:

Selah said...

Of course you can add me. :o) Have a wonderful weekend Love. I miss you tons!!!!

Some kind of Mom said...

I loved reading this! Joel has Twinkie the GLow Bug too, and it's his favourite! My mom actually kept my younger brother's old glow worm too :)