Tuesday, February 12, 2008

More than words....

Some of the most important marriage counselling in-put we recieved before our wedding was to learn each other's love languages. Over the years this has been a real eye opener as we realize that we both speak and feel love in different ways. One of my love languages is through cards, writing love rather than speaking it. This one has been hard for my husband as he doesn't usually think along those lines when thinking about expressing love. However, for the last two mornings I have awakened to a beautiful note at the breakfast table.

Here's what I found this morning:

"I wanted to say I love you...."You are always new. The last of your kisses was ever the sweetest; the last smile the brightest; the last movement the most gracefull."....Have a great day!"


I feel like I'm flying

Today's tip: Learn how to express your love in the way your spouse will most easily understand and then shower them with love in this way. Trust me...you won't be dissapointed!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a sweet note! Very romantic!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the romantic tip! I was inspired! And my hubby felt very loved when he found the little note in his mailbox at work.

...I'm enjoying your mommy reflections :)