Monday, August 13, 2007

Keeper of The Stars

Three years and six months ago today I married the man of my dreams. This past weekend we went away in order to reflect, re-cap, and refocus our relationship. We made goals for the future of our marriage while snuggling and sharing a few precious moments of uninterrupted silence and sweetness with only us two. I am reminded again of the magic and the miracle of meeting this man, this Prince Charming. All my fairytale dreams walked into my world one night as if a storybook had come to life.
The moon sparkled off the freshly fallen snow and stars shone like beacons of hope across a velvet night sky. I was sitting there, wondering if I was wrong to fall for this man, starring at a string of stars...Orions Belt. The first constellation my mother had taught me to find. No matter how far my parents travels took me from the places I called home....these three stars were my beacon of safety. Moving frequently had made me afraid of forging close relationships and left me feeling lonely with a constant anxiety of being alone. These stars were where I went to breath...to feel safe, secure, and settled. As I stood there starring at the inky night sky a gentle voice startled me.

"What are you looking at?" It's him. Instantly I feel myself pulled toward this Prince who I am resisting.

"The stars" I say with a small smile.
"You see that constellation there?" He asks. And I follow his finger to the very place I had been focused on only a moment earlier...Orion's Belt. "It's strange....I have that constellation on my neck." He pulls aside his sweater to reveal three perfect birth marks along his collar bone.

And I know I've found my way home.

This one's for you baby:
It was no accident,
me finding you.
Someone had a hand in it,
Long before we ever knew.
Now I just can't believe you're in my life
Heaven's smilin' down on me, As I look at you tonight.

I tip my hat to the keeper of the stars
He sure knew what he was doin' When he joined these two hearts
I hold everything, When I hold you in my arms
I've got all I'll ever need....Thanks to the keeper of the stars.
Soft moonlight on your face, oh how you shine.
It takes my breath away, Just to look into your eyes
I know I don't deserve a treasure like you
There really are no words...To show my gratitude

So I tip my hat to the keeper of the stars
He sure knew what he was doin', When he joined these two hearts
I hold everything... When I hold you in my arms
I've got all I'll ever need....Thanks to the keeper of the stars


It was no accident me finding you
Someone had a hand in it. Long before we ever knew.

No comments: