Reasons why I love to be a mom
1) The milky sweet smell of my baby's breath. I finally realized why they named a flower after it and suddenly it is the most beautiful flower in the world....
2) When I open the dishwasher I smile. Sure there are aprroximately a million more dishes to do than before but when I open the dishwasher and see a rainbow of dishware I can't help but feel happy. I mean, who can look at pictures of Cinderella spoon beside a sesame street set and not smile?
3) Passionate baby kisses. Nobody kisses with more enthusiasm then a baby giving her mommy a great big kiss. (Okay...a really turned on husband can on occasion kiss with that kind of passion too....but it's a little less wet (Thankfully)) If it were anyone else you would probably scream at them for slobbering all that saliva...but somehow when it's your baby displaying such open hearted emotion for you...you can't help but melt.
4) The sight, smell, and feeling of my baby fresh out of the bath. Smelling all sweet like lavendar with warm rosy cheeks. Heart stopping. (On a side note, I used to think naked baby pics were wierd but I now totally get them (only the good kind, not the perverted)
5) When I walk into a room somebody actually jumps out of their seat with a huge smile to come to me.
6) Seeing things through a babies eyes. Suddenly a toilet paper tube is the most fascinating thing on earth!
7) Giggles. In Peter Pan they say that every time a child laughs a fairy is born...I believe it. It's like a shot of extacy right to your heart.
8) The way she snuggles against my chest every few minutes when I'm holding her or reaches back to touch my hand when she is playing. Just to make sure I'm still there.
9) I now have legitimate reason to roam around Toys R Us! It rocks! Along the same lines, I also have legitimate reasons for watching Mary Kate and Ashley movies as well as reading all the Dr. Seuss and Robert munch I want!
10) Sparkling eyes, toothless smiles, and watching her personality develop. When you watch a baby grow you know there has to be a God out there. There is no other way something that intricate, such a beautiful work of art, could come into existence without the work of an equisite artist.
Hope this brightens your day as much as it did mine!